Correct-X, all-natural superstar ointment
Skin issues….anyone else deal with those too? Sometimes they’re related to my illness, sometime it’s just everyday bites, scrapes, burns, zits……you know #lifehappens But thankfully there’s Correct-X
I make a lot of salves, and I have some oil combos that I truly love for skin, but this handy item is ready-made and really-awesome. ESPECIALY when you are just starting with essential oils and don’t have a huge collection. (not to mention this has some other ingredients that I’m not able to add to my DIY salves)
I keep a tube of Correct-X handy all the stinkin’ time.
It’s a combination of Frankincense, Helichrysum, Melaleuca, Cedarwood, and Lavender—essential oils known to help assist in soothing skin irritations. It’s gentle but packs a powerful punch. Here’s a partial list of what it has soothed for my household:
Blisters, insect bites/stings, chapped lips, pink eye. (around, never in the eye thank you), zits, hangnails, rashes (Hana’s skin is sensitive to so much), volleyball floor burn, puppy hotspots, scrapes, chaffing, small RA related sores…. And it goes on an on.
A little closer look at some of Correct-X’s star ingredients:
- Frankincense: This wonder oil helps protect skin cells. It reduces the appearance of large pores, wrinkles, and scars. Frank helps lift and tighten skin to naturally slow the appearance of aging.
- Helichrysum: A more expensive oil due to the low yield of the plant material, it’s super powerful and a small amount will soothe skin irritations, help with blemishes, and has been referred to as a liquid bandaid. Because of the significant benefits of Helichrysum for skin, it is often referred to as the Everlasting or Immortal Flower. (1)
- Melaleuca: Also know as tea tree, it is thought to calm redness, swelling, and inflammation. It can even help to prevent and reduce acne and acne scars. It also can aid in soothing rashes.
- Cedarwood: This oil is beneficial for many skin conditions. For example, it may reduce the appearance of scars, soothe minor wounds, ease arthritis discomfort, and soothe symptoms of flaky, red, irritated skin. (2)
- Lavender: Known to be good for all things calming, lavender can help reduce the appearance of red, blotchy patches, and acne scarring. It is soothing for skin that’s been irritated or reddened from the sun, insect bites, or other “bugs”.
- Bisabolol: A thick oily liquid, is known for its calming effects and ability to promote healthy-looking skin
- Jojoba oil: Similar to the natural oils found in skin, it provides optimal hydration, helping to improve the texture of skin
- Phellodendron Amurense Bark extract: An extract from the Amur cork tree is used to condition the skin and has anti-oxidant properties
A little goes a long way, it absorbs into your skin quickly and gets to work right away. I’d give it 10000 more gold stars than common first aid ointments. I’m using in on an uncomfortable spot on the bottom of my big toe right now. Maybe it’ll even help me give that nodule on the top of my toe a little talking to.
And our old standby bacitracin? You won’t find it in our house. “Numerous reports have found an association between allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) and bacitracin, with the number continuously increasing. Bacitracin ranked as the ninth-most common allergen between 1998 and 2002.”
“Bacitracin can also cause IgE-mediated events (ie, systemic phenomena), including generalized urticaria, sweating, dyspnea, hypotension, and subsequent collapse and potentially life-threatening anaphylactic shock. ACD may precede these dramatic reactions.” (3)
Plus I’m glad to say there is no petroleum jelly in this ointment. Vaseline—or in its generic form, petroleum jelly—is a by-product of the oil refining process. It forms on the bottom of oil rigs and is unwanted because it can cause them to malfunction. The solution? Bottle it up and sell it at the drugstore. Yes it’s purified, but still…..(4)
I have a tube of correct-X in my purse, one in the oil drawer, and another upstairs. Hana has one in her volleyball bag and there are random others circulating around the house. It’s soooo good.
Correct-X is part of my Loyalty Club recommendations for July because it’s a must have for the summer months in my opinion. If your chronic illness causes you any skin issues, give this a try for some soothing relief. If you don’t love it, you can always give it to me 😉